Beauty Book is changing the way to find and book makeup artists online. Their 24/7 booking platform is the first of its kind for freelancers in New Zealand, and my prediction is that it’s going to mark a huge mark on the makeup industry!
Who can be a Beauty Book artist?
It doesn’t matter if you are self-taught, work at a makeup counter part-time or have been freelancing for years– Beauty Book wants to hear from you!
· Beauty Book is your partner in growing a profitable freelance business, enabling you to earn money in a field you are a passionate about. Through monthly snapshots of your bookings, Beauty Book pinpoints your peak booking times and areas for growth.
· As an artist, you will receive constant support through weekly emails. These are filled with artistry inspiration, marketing hints, booking opportunities and industry trend updates.
· Struggling to stock up your kit? Beauty Book has secured pro artistry discounts to some of my favourite brands, including Mellow Cosmetics, Blac Cosmetics and Eve Lashes. This is the start of a growing list of exclusive discounts, with even more exciting brands in the pipeline!
· Beauty Book is committed to showcasing New Zealand’s talented artists. As a Beauty Book artist, your work will be reposted across their social media platforms, and promoted via a targeted customer email database. This means you will have an ever-growing audience of potential clients!
· Beauty Book is your personal receptionist. Your appointments will revolve around your daily schedule. You choose your availability and how far in advance you can be booked. You work when you want to!
· Sick of no-shows to appointments? Beauty Book’s cancellation policy ensures you still get paid!
I’m sold! How do I sign up?
Simply head to www.beautybook.co.nz and select the sign up option. The next step is to create your personalised profile! This aims to capture your artist personality – from your favourite products in your kit to your beauty philosophy. You have total control over the imagery you upload, the pricing and services you offer, distance you are willing to travel and can update your weekly availability at any time.
What is the cost involved?
An annual subscription to Beauty Book services is $109.99. However Beauty Book has allocated MUO’s an exclusive discount code, which reduces the price to $80.00. This is for a limited time only- from the 5th July until the 19th July- so definitely get in quickly using the discount code MUO when you sign up!
What I honestly think about Beauty Book:
When it comes to careers & taking the next step, I am a big believer in having to spend money to make money. For a small initial cost ($80.00 is literally the standard price for just one client makeover), Beauty Book could be the launch pad for your career – you have nothing to lose! Just as a blogger or model might sign up to a talent agency, you need to invest in making a name for yourself in a competitive industry.
I know I wouldn’t be where I am now without having to dish out some extra money on self promotion. I am aware of how many talented girls we have in the MUO forum, and I urge you to back yourself, take a leap of faith and invest in your artistry passion! I have confidence in you and so does Beauty Book!
As a customer, I know how frustrating it can be to miss out on an appointment at your nearby makeup counter. Where do you go from here? Luckily, Beauty Book has a range of artists that will suit your style, location and budget needs.
Does it cost for me to use as a customer?
Beauty Book is free of charge for a customer. Simply make a client account, and you will instantly have access to some of New Zealand’s most talented artists.
I have fallen in love with an artist! How can I book?
Browse your preferred artists availability calendar, select an appointment time, determine your travel requirements (many artists are happy to come to you) and pay online. You will receive a text and email reminder of your booking. Kiss goodbye to awkward phone calls, confusing Facebook messages or makeup counter queues!
Another launch giveaway you say?
Beauty Book loves spoiling their customers almost as much as they love makeup artistry! Make a booking between July 5h- July 30th and be in the draw to win a year's supply of free makeovers! And guess what? You can receive 10% off your first appointment cost. To be eligible for the 10% discount, all you need to do is sign up as a customer, and you will be emailed your discount code.
So what are you waiting for? Head on over to www.beautybook.co.nz and get Beauty Booking!
This post was kindly brought to you by the legends at Beauty Book :)