Hayley uses products from Kevin Murphy, Eleven, and Moroccanoil- and they all smell divine! Prior to the blow wave, I was lucky enough to have a hydrating hair treatment (from Kevin Murphy), and it made my hair ridiculously shiny and soft. Look at those pics! I wish I could go back every week, seriously. Then Hayley had the rather mammoth task of explaining to a clueless me how exactly to blow wave my hair- I’ve summed up the main points for you guys so you can all find out the secrets!
- Be sure to dry about 90% of your hair using a hair dryer before attempting to style it. Hayley used a amazing smelling heat protectant spray from Kevin Murphy first, and then finger combed my hair until it was nearly dry.
- For the sleekest style, use a hair dryer with the highest wattage possible- and use the nozzle attachment. Hayley showed me how to always point the nozzle down- this seals the cuticles and makes the hair super shiny.
- Even though it may seem easier to work in large sections, styling the hair in small sections (starting from underneath) will ensure a perfectly smooth finish. You can section the hair using clips easily found from the chemist.
- The right brushes are essential, and don’t always cost a fortune. Hayley used a large barrelled round brush on me, and I’ve decided I need to purchase it immediately It’s from Moroccanoil, and only costs $37.50- love.
- I was SO excited to learn this last trick- use dry shampoo on the roots after styling to give more volume and for extra staying power. You can also use dry shampoo to refresh your blow wave each day- I much prefer this to hair spray.