In her own words, "I work full time then head home in the evenings to study. (I work in a pharmacy and I’m in my third year of a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English and Media Studies). When faced with a spare moment some will hit the gym or watch a movie. I prefer to sit in front of a camera and share my excitement over the things I love – make up and skincare."
What is your skin care regime, and which products you use and why?
Each evening I remove my make up with the Dr Lewinn’s cleansing oil, it literally melts your make up off. I then use the Olay Regenerist paired with my Clarins foaming cleanser to deeply cleanse my face. I then smother my face with the Lush Tea Tree toner, Lancome Hydra Zen cream, Clarins Multi-Active serum and Clarins eye gel. I will use either the Lush Cupcake mask or Mask of Magnaminty once a week and I exfoliate with the Clarins One Step exfoliating cleanser. Okay, I’m big on skincare, but the difference it has made to my skin is incredible.
Do you take any health supplements to help with skin/hair/nails?
I take organic zinc and the Go Healthy hair, skin and nails to assist with clear skin. I am currently reading Dr Libby’s Beauty from the Inside Out which has opened my eyes even further to the importance of nourishing your body and the results that shine through.
What are your favourite makeup products and why?
- Lancome Rouge in Love lipsticks: These are what I would save if my house was on fire. The formula is extremely pigmented and lasts all day with a beautiful colour range to match. I will always get a compliment or two when I wear these lipsticks.
- Chi Chi lipsticks: The colour range and formulas are amazing and are topped off by a great price.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 palette: This beauty has rose gold at its heart, which is my absolute favourite. From the packaging, to the colours, to the 5pm eyelid that looks like it’s just been done, this palette is my favourite.
- Thin Lizzy concealer: If you didn’t know I have acne scarring, this is why.
- The Balm Time Balm Primer: This product makes my foundation apply a whole lot smoother, and last all day. I have convinced my own mother to use this product, it is that good.
Do you have any makeup tips/tricks you swear by?
Always be open to observing others and learning from them. I see top beauty guru’s improve every month and every year, when I didn’t think it was possible for them to reach a higher level of perfection.
What are your favourite hair products and why?
- Loreal professional absolut repair treatment. This product smells divine and is thick enough to stay put in wet hair. I do damage to my hair daily and this is the best treatment I have tried.
- Loreal Elvive anti-breakage conditioning repair spray: Brushing my hair has never been easier.
- A good hairdresser. It took me years to find one who listens and gives me the results that I want. She gives an amazing head massage too!
What are your favourite fragrances and why?
Giorgio Armani Si. It is that fragrance that I have always searched for, the one where every single particle just fits. It is the perfect combination of fruity and sweet and it doesn’t make me sneeze.
What/who are your beauty inspirations/icons?
Makeup wise I am most inspired when sitting in bed at 10pm finding absolute gems on the Internet. But the term ‘beauty inspirations’ to me stretches far beyond makeup. A colleague of mine is in her 50’s, does nothing with her hair in the morning, wears lipstick and mascara and is one of the most beautiful people I know. A person needs more than good looks or good makeup to be beautiful.
Describe your makeup look in 3 words
Bold, sparkling and changing.
Any last words of wisdom?
Whether it’s a bright lip, a smokey eye or a new foundation, it will always look a million times better when worn with confidence.