In Ivy's own words, her future includes "overseas travel, love, life, experience, world domination... you know, the usual ". Thank you, gorgeous!!!
What is your skin care regime, and which products you use and why?
- Earthwise Grapefruit & Aloe Vera Body Wash - I use this on both my body and face! It's gentle, doesn't contain bleach and is vegan-friendly.
- Lush RD's Argan Body Conditioner - Amazingly moisturising, only use when my skin is feeling a bit dry.
And that's it! less is more I guess. I don't really like to challenge my skin to stay balanced by putting loads of stuff on it!
Do you take any health supplements to help with skin/hair/nails?
Nope, but I eat a pretty well-balanced vegan diet of fruit, veges, grains, beans, nuts & seeds. Surprisingly, since changing to a vegan diet, my hair and nails have started growing again and my skin has become pretty low maintenance. Food is the medicine of the future.
What are your favourite makeup products and why?
Lime Crime!!!! Everything of theirs. These guys are fantastic. They're like a cooler version of Mac, except they're vegan, they don't test on animals (Mac does now) and their make-up is even more vibrant.
- Lime Crime Glamour 101 Opaque Lipstick - Red... proper red... babe lipstick!
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Fantasy Palettes - Great for vibrant eyes or subtle highlights
- Lime Crime Liquid Eyeliner - Pin-up flicks
- Napoleon Perdis Sheer Genius Foundation
- Manic Panic - Black eyeshadow... proper black, super solid, love it!
Do you have any makeup tips/tricks you swear by?
- Avoid using products that you can't decipher the ingredients list. - Avoid using anything with bleach (Sodium Laural Sulphate) or it's derivatives. - Practice makes perfect and youtube tutorials are awesome! ;)
What are your favourite hair products and why?
- Schwartzkopf Extra Care Super Styling Lacquer Extreme Hold - it's great for all those crazy pinup do's, it doesn't move!
- Sukin Purifying Shampoo & Norishing Conditioner - All natural, vegan-friendly, no bleach. The conditioner is amazing.
- Davines Authentic Nourishing Oil - amazing Italian-made all over body nourishing oil (great for hair though). It's the magic elixir Available at Live & Let Dye (Mt Eden).
What are your favourite fragrances and why?
I'm in love with Cleopatra by Tocca, it's basically sexual heaven in a bottle, but it's damn near impossible to find anywhere these days. So for the most part I use a vanilla fragrance stick from Lush. Nice, natural, simple, vegan-friendly.
What/who are your beauty inspirations/icons?
Mosh (model), Tex Saverio (designer), Gregory David Roberts (writer), Stephen Fry (actor), Robert Anton Wilson (philosopher). Beauty is visual, contextual, verbal, spiritual... there's beauty in everything if you know how to see it.
Describe your makeup look in 3 words
Pin-up, classic, simple
Any last words of wisdom?
Don't take yourself too seriously, no one else does! ;)
You can follow Ivy on her Facebook page www.facebook.com/asphyxiacouture, and watch out for www.asphyxiacouture.com!
Pic #2 Anthony Corban
Pic #3 Norrie Montgomery