Look- I get it. It's freezing outside (& probably raining). Your couch is looking extra comfortable, you've discovered a million new shows on Netflix, and you're probably wearing active wear. Giving all of that up to go out into town seems CRAZY, right? I was forced to stay in last week because of a date mix-up (wahh) on their flyers, so the boyf & I hung out by the fire, played Monopoly, & enjoyed some Long White Vodka drinks. It was actually bloody lovely, BUT- everything in moderation. I'm going out next weekend, rain, hail or shine, because going out in autumn & winter can be AWESOME- I'm going to tell you why...& keep reading to find out how you can win $250 worth of makeup from Mecca Cosmetica!
I'm talking those over the knee boots that are everywhere right now, the cute hats, the stylish long scarves, beautifully thick jackets, leather pants (or eco-leather pants)- just so much YUM. Also, you only have to apply self-tan to the areas that show (I know I'm not the only one).
2. You can use makeup to make a STATEMENT
Maybe you're being dragged out by friends despite your protestations, or maybe you're just not feeling it- I've been there too. Pick the deepest, darkest makeup shades & products you can find, & send a snarky subliminal message while looking like a complete babe.
3. You don't have to fuss about your hair
It'll probably rain, & be windy., which is bad news for fancy hair. Throw on a hat & get your cute lil butt out the door. No more excuses! You just KNOW the Kardashians are hiding hair mares under all those fedoras.
4. You won't get FOMO
Errrgh, FOMO. Fear Of Missing Out. It's the WORST- sitting at home in your Uggs, wondering what amazing & hilarious things your friends are up to that they'll be cry-laughing about for WEEKS. Don't do it to yourself.
5. Your lounge (& bedroom, & kitchen) is a mess
I realise this could just be me, but for those of you who aren't the tidiest kids on the block, going out means you don't have to look at the mess. Or even worse, tidy it *gasp*
6. You already know what you’re drinking tonight
Sure, we all have our classics but now it’s time to try something new (and mix up that winter rut we all seem to get in). Long White Vodka has been my go-to drink for some time now. It’s a no-brainer because it’s sweetened with apple juice and you won’t find any added table sugar, artificial flavours or colours anywhere near it. You can choose from passionfruit, lemon & lime, or raspberry- so good! Now, once you’ve managed to unwrap yourself from your blanket burrito, the only things you need to worry about are your pick up lines & dance moves.
7. Speaking of dancing...there WILL be dancing
If you go out, you'll probably dance....and dancing definitely counts as exercise. Plus, endorphins. Go out & shake it, you fitness dancing queen. Going out is basically exercise. Right?
8. If you're looking for romance, the odds are much better
That is just SCIENCE. You're far more likely to meet Mr Right/Miss Right if you go out. Unless you have designs on your local pizza delivery guy/girl- NO JUDGEMENT.
9. If you go to a bar/restaurant/pub/club, they'll usually have WIFI/3G.
Run out of data? NO PROBLEM. You've got to love modern day technology
10. You can reassure your parents that you are a social being
You know they worry about you. By posting pics on Insta or FB of you & your BFFs having a blast, you're doing them a favour. "PHEW- our child has friends", they'll cry. Trust me
11. You might get talent scouted by Mediaworks and get to be on one of their totally brilliant & classy reality shows!
12. Your cat/dog will get some much-needed time out.
While I understand that our pets just LOVE being forced into selfies/snapchats, remember that distance makes the heart grow fonder. They'll snuggle you tomorrow morning, when you take those "WOKE UP LIKE DIS" selfies with your cat by your head.
13. There's food out there! Food you didn't have to cook!
By eating out, you're saving a meal at home- an entire meal you can cook another day, all ready to go. This is called food budgeting. You're welcome.
14. Finally...karaoke. You can do karaoke.
REAL karaoke, at a karaoke bar- with your mates. An app or video game is NOT the same. Neither is singing in the shower (but I assure you, you have the voice of an angel)
So what are you waiting for, angel face? Have an amazing night! Before you run off to get ready, I have a wee giveaway for you to enter...the prize being a $250 gift voucher for Mecca Cosmetica- so you can get ALL the makeup you need for a night out! All you need to do is comment below telling me which flavour of Long White Vodka you most love the sound of...& tell me what your favourite thing is about going out! EASY! Terms & conditions below- good luck babies!!!
Makeup Obsessives Long White Vodka Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and gifts form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion commences at 10.30am on the 16th June 2016 and finishes at 11.59pm on the 16th August 2016 (‘Promotion Period’).
- To enter the promotion:
- Comment below telling me what Long White Vodka flavour would be your go-to, & tell me what your favourite thing is about going out!
- There is one prize to be won, consisting of a $250 gift voucher from Mecca Cosmetica so you can have all the beauty products you need for a night on the town! The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random from all eligible entries submitted. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 48 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- 1 entry per person.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the prize or any part of it becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- All competition entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
- The winners acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- The winners agree that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter.
- If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The Promoter is Kirsty Leigh, Makeup Obsessives, makeupobsessives.com
Thank you so much to the awesome people from Long White Vodka for collaborating with me on this post!