If there’s something that MUO members have an especial softness for (besides makeup!), it would definitely be cats. WE LOVE OUR CATS. Sometimes I’ve thought about changing the name of this blog to Makeup & Cat Obsessives - it has a certain ring to it, right?! We tell each other about our cats, persuade them to pose in our selfies, visit them in cafes, and spoil them as we would our own children. But the thing is, cats are also very odd - odder than you may have thought. I’ve teamed up with Fancy Feast to shed some light on our fur babies quirky traits - and to let you know what my beloved cats think of the current range available. So grab your cat/s, and a cup of tea, and prepare to be ever so slightly weirded out ;)
2. Ever wondered what those cute fluffy tufts inside your cat's ears are called? Ear furnishings. You’re welcome. Cats also have a sixth finger, which is located on the inside of their wrists. The technical term for it is a “carpal pad”, and while it doesn’t help them to walk, it works as an “anti-skidding” kind of brake pad for when they jump!
4. Forget about forking out money for all those catnip cat toys you see in the supermarket - only around 50% of cats respond to it. The sensitivity to catnip (or Nepeta cataria if you want to be Latin-fancy) is actually inherited from the parents!
5. Cats sleep approximately for 70% of their entire lives...simply because they can. Did you know that they sleep SO much, that by the time a cat is 9 years old, it will only have been awake for three years of its life :O
6. Cats are able to change the type of their meow to manipulate us! For example if they're hungry, they make their meow sound like a human baby. Adult cats ONLY meow to communicate with humans, and it’s been proven that the more you talk to your cat, the more vocal it will be!
7. US President Abraham Lincoln had four beloved furry friends during his time in the White House. When his wife was once asked if her husband had any hobbies, she apparently replied, “cats.” Now THAT is something we can all identify with!
Now that you’ve found out so much more about your cat, doesn’t it make you love them even MORE??!! Once you’ve finished trying to have a look at your cat’s brake pad, and changing their water bowl to a more suitable sign, let me know in the comments below what your cat’s name is, and the cutest/strangest thing he or she does. Why? I have an amazing pamper pack full of treats for you AND your fur baby/babies! The pamper pack includes $100 worth of products from Lush, cat goodies from Animates- as well as a whole lot of Fancy Feast! Your cats will be spoilt, and deservedly so. Those furry little weirdos.
Thank you so much to the team from Fancy Feast for making this post possible - Bella & Bijou also send their thanks! You can read more about the products here.