3. Bloggers work mad, crazy hours, and it's unfortunate that more often than not my biggest accessories are dark under eye shadows. There's only so much makeup can do, so a pair of over sized sunglasses are essential. I like my sunglasses to have a classic frame- but with a twist; so these tortoise shell framed, blue mirrored sunglasses are perfect! Check them out here- but this style sells out quickly, so don't think, just shop.
4. Before I became a mum, I used to be a night owl- nowadays, not so much. My most productive time is during the day, and while I'm able to get a HEAP of writing done before noon, I always hit that early/mid afternoon slump. I've been trying these Yellow Diamonds health supplements to give me more of a boost, and they're fantastic- really. They give a natural energy boost, and somehow manage to clear my head to enable me to focus- and get more writing done. If I take one around lunchtime (with food), I'm easily able to coast through the rest of the day, and my productivity is better than it's ever been!
6. When you're working from home, you need to be working in a nice, aesthetically pleasing environment. This equals no mess lying around, little to no noise, and a gorgeous smelling work space. All of these things help me focus, which means I can work effectively. This scented candle from Candle Crush is the bee's knees. It looks great, it burns for aaaages, and it smells out of this world. Almost like I've been baking cookies- except not burnt, which is what my usual baking turns out 100% of the time.
7. I'm one of those people that doesn't often wear jewellery, and I'm also stupidly fussy about the pieces I do wear. I think that (at least) one piece of statement jewellery is a must in every girl's swag stash; it can turn a casual outfit into something fantastic, and it's the perfect way to showcase your individual style. This Jasmine Gold Kuchi Coin Necklace looks amazing with a simple T, jeans and flats...and looks equally fab with a dress with a low neckline.
9. Having a notebook close at hand for any blogger or aspiring blogger- you never know when inspiration will strike. I keep mine in my bag when I'm out, by my side when I'm recapping reality shows or in a business meeting- and by the side of my bed for those light bulb 3am moments. I prefer a sturdy leather cover because it does get thrown in my bag, and I like pink, so this journal from Typo ticks all the boxes!
10. Because my style is relatively laid back most of the time; I decided to invest in a statement item that I could throw on with virtually anything, turning a casual outfit into something dressy/stylish. The Katia Blazer from Charlotte Lane is perfection. Worn with a white tee, jeans, and a pair of heels, it's the kind of outfit that can take me from my couch to a business meeting or product launch in minutes. I love the slightly over sized fit, the stand-out print (basic black is great, but a change is refreshing), and the three quarter sleeves.
I'd love to know what your must have items for this year are, so let me know in the comments below- I have bought an extra one of MY faves to give away to one of you, so get creative, my loves! xxx