Thank you so much. Yes, there was a little backlash from him, I received a few emails. But I didn't write it for him, It was a very cathartic process for me. I really wanted to share the entire story with fans of the show and hopefully help inspire anyone who might be stuck in a difficult relationship.
- I've got to be honest, even though I was rapt that you won, Ben wasn't my fave...& after reading your book, he's really gone down in my estimation. Do you have any contact with him these days? And do you think he was really looking for love?
No contact, but I do wish him well. He is a good guy, he just wasn't my guy. I believe he was open to finding it, but not serious about marriage.
- What on earth did you guys (the contestants) do all day when you weren't filming? And was everyone really drinking all that alcohol?
The days feel really long and you're basically filming all day everyday. On the chance off day, there was a lot of sunbathing and relaxing. Yes, lots of alcohol consumption :)
- What do you think of our Bachelor, Art Green (pic attached)? I know you'll be honest. I don't think he likes me because I tagged him on Twitter and told me to " stop blowing up" his phone, which I think was a bit OTT, but I digress.
Well he better get used to that real quick, when I joined twitter I was flooded with tweets...it's what we sign up for putting ourselves in the public eye. He's very handsome, has a nice face.. is he tall? Personality? I approve of Art!
- In our current season, one contestant is accused of "playing the bitch card". Is this a real thing? How differently does everyone act when the cameras are on them?
I've never heard that saying, that is so funny! That's a great question, and something I had a hard time with. You do everything with the other contestants, eat every meal, travel together.. I had a hard time hearing and seeing the way a few of the girls acted when the cameras weren't rolling.
- Also in our current season, the girls drive themselves to the dates (no limos), and have picnics consisting of one dry croissant, a couple of tomatoes and a flask of tea. What are your thoughts on this (because I think it's ridiculous)? Would American contestants be taken aback by such awful "dates"?
Hmm, interesting. Well that's very different from the US version. I like that it feels more like a normal real life date but wonder what kind of Tv that makes for?
- For the girls that haven't read your book, can you tell us a little bit about the process of auditioning to be on the show?
Psych test, blood test, personality test, and lots of questions about love and who you want the Bachelor to be.
- Were you allowed any contact with friends/family while filming? And once you'd won your season, how long did you have to keep it a secret for?
No, that was the hardest part for me. I got to see my family on my hometown date, but it was so brief. We had to keep it a secret for many months, I believe 3 or 4.
- If you had to do it all over again (given that it was a different Bachelor), would you do anything differently?
If I HAD to, like forced at gunpoint.. I guess I would try harder to kiss the other girl's asses. But I'm not much of an ass kisser
- If you could give any advice to the winner of the NZ Bachelor, what would it be?
Just go for it! Move in together and enjoy being out of the public eye.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS FOR US, COURTNEY!!!
No problem. Thanks for having me Kirsty. Lots of love to you and NZ. I hope to make it back one day. XOX