In the spirit of it being winter, & in the spirit of continuing the ‘favourites’ post tradition - I present to you the Mid-Winter MUO Awards for AW16 must haves. Read on to find out what all my favourite things are right now - and don’t forget to check out the AMAZING giveaway at the end!
Bomber jackets are HUGE right now, and come in numerous fabrics & textures. They’re versatile, & they suit EVERYONE. I mean, look at this beauty! It’s pink...it’s satin...it’s thickly lined with the softest velvet, & you can dress it up or dress it down with ease. I’m in love, & I have been living in it. Channel your inner Grease Lightning, and join the Pink Ladies in this!
Award for the most happy, girly & most colourful range of clothing to wear out:
Augustine Spring Collection 2016
I’ve been a fan of Kelly Coe and her designs for sometime now, and the latest collection for Augustine which hits stores on the 22nd of July has to be my favourite yet! Called The Colour Fiesta and it’s exactly that - the perfect pops and splashes of colour that are sure to brighten up any winter day. Her other lines Charlo (slightly more casual), & Stella Royal (for curvaceous ladies) are equally amazing - check them all out here.
Award for the most chic, understated, and ridiculously cool jewellery:
I am ridiculously fussy when it comes to jewellery - it all comes down to personal taste - but some of the latest collections from Meadowlark really caught my eye & I couldn’t help but buy a couple of pieces. The Dagger Endless Hoop Earring is simply gorgeous, & will go with any outfit, any time. These come in sterling silver, and 9ct yellow gold & are sold singularly. The perfect gift for the coolest person you know (and this can include yourself!)
YSL Neon Orange
For some reason, I just LOVE orange lip shades - far more so than red. I get a bit nervous with super bright lipsticks, but I find that an orange-based product is far more wearable than red. This lipstick is the YSL Rouge Volupte #15 Extreme Coral & I’ve been wearing it like crazy! It looks amazing with either fair skin or tanned, teamed with a gel liner wing & lashings of mascara. Here’s a pic of me wearing it…& you can buy it here!
Award for the skincare product to use before you go out for the night:
Estee Lauder New Dimension Sculpt & Glow Mask
Ahhhh, this product is magical & exactly what winter skin needs! You can use it before you go to bed...or even better, to prep your skin before putting on your going-out makeup! It works in 5 minutes (really) to plump your skin, firm it up, & gives you an instant glow. Honestly, I LOVE it, & that’s why it deserves this award.
Award for the one product that will keep your makeup intact all night:
L’Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist
I haven’t really tried very many makeup-setting sprays, mainly because it’s relatively rare to find them on shelves in NZ. Thankfully L’Oreal Paris has changed that with the introduction of the Infallible Fixing Mist, a oil-free makeup setting spray. The mist is super fine, very lightweight & is a must-have in your getting-ready-to-go-out routine!
Long White Vodka
I’m a creature of habit, and one of my favourite things to do while I get ready to go out for the night (e.g. put my makeup on, do my hair, choose my outfit) is sip on a tasty beverage. You guys know that the Long White Vodka range has been my go-to drink choice for months & so of course it wins this award! My favourite flavour is Lemon & Lime, but you can opt for Raspberry or Passionfruit. They’re all sweetened naturally with apple juice - YUM - and did I mention they contain no added table sugar? Award-winning worthy indeed.
Award for the place to go where you’re guaranteed to see at least one NZ celebrity:
SPQR Restaurant & Bar
Look, perhaps I’m biased because I’ve been frequenting SPQR for over 16 years, & I also worked there briefly...but this is just a really fun place to go. The food is out of this world (try the vegetarian linguine & thank me later), the service is HILARIOUS (but professional), & the vibe is wonderful. You’ll more than likely see someone from Shortland Street, the Bravo channel, or The Bachelor trying to be invisible in one of the many dark corners. Don’t trip, chocolate chip!
Award for the strangest (but most unique) place to go to when it’s freezing outside:
Minus 5 Ice Bar, Queenstown
If you’re lucky enough to find yourself in Queenstown over winter, a visit to the Minus 5 Ice Bar is an absolute must! The entire interior (including all seating & the bar top) is made from solid ice & kept at a constant temperature range of -5° TO – 10°. You even drink out of glasses made of ice - cool huh?! Pun intended. They do supply you with huge warm jackets, boots & gloves - so go along & have a unique wintry experience!
So there you have it- my awards for AW16! I would LOVE to hear what your favourites from this season are in the comment section below. You’ll automatically go in the draw to win a $250 gift voucher for Mecca Cosmetica- so you can get ALL the makeup you need for a night out! For an extra entry, make sure to check out my other Long White Vodka post here! Terms & conditions below- good luck little loves!!!
Thank you so much to the awesome team at Long White Vodka for collaborating with me on this post!
Makeup Obsessives Long White Vodka Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and gifts form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion commences at 10.30am on the 16th June 2016 and finishes at 11.59pm on the 16th August 2016 (‘Promotion Period’).
- To enter the promotion:
- Comment below telling me what Long White Vodka flavour would be your go-to, & tell me what your favourite thing is about going out!
- There is one prize to be won, consisting of a $250 gift voucher from Mecca Cosmetica so you can have all the beauty products you need for a night on the town! The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random from all eligible entries submitted. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 48 hours of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- 1 entry per person.
- The prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
- In the event that the prize or any part of it becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the promotion (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
- All competition entries become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
- The winners acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- The winners agree that as a condition of their participation in the prize, they may be required to execute a waiver and indemnity in the form provided by the Promoter.
- If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Promoter is Kirsty Leigh, Makeup Obsessives, makeupobsessives.com