So many lovely products- just so many!!! I'm a very lucky human to get sent such beautiful things to review; I know this, & I'd be a fool not to tell you guys about the ones that truly stand out for me. This whole post is going to be overwhelmingly positive, so please do brace yourselves- it's probably blatantly obvious that this blog is not the place to come if you're looking for scathing reviews. Unless I'm recapping "The Bachelor", of course. All the products below are products I've tried, LOVE, & recommend 100%- please let me know in the comments if you need any help tracking them down!
Weleda Skin Food is AMAZING- for so many reasons! I've been trialing it for over six weeks, and I still can't get over how many uses it has- I'm talking UBER multi-tasking here. If you were one of the 80 people to receive an MUO Beauty Box, you'll have received this gorgeous guy- it was one of the most popular inclusions. I'll tell you what sort of things I've been using it for in a minute, but first I need to rave about all the goodness it contains.
Not only are all the ingredients 100% natural (they're NATRUE certified, which you can read more about here), but Skin Food contains zero artificial preservatives or parabens. It goes without saying that all Weleda products are cruelty free! Some of the yum ingredients are extracts of organic chamomile, wild pansy and calendula (to soothe dry/rough skin), and rosemary- which will give your skin an instant glowy boost. Your skin will be protected from the elements (grrr, winter) because the product also contains a blend of lanolin, sweet almond oil and sunflower oil. To top it off (can you believe there's more?!), Skin Food is fragranced with sweet orange & lavendulae pure essential oils- it smells REALLY, REALLY good!
OKAY- here are some of the things I've been using Skin Food for:
- As a makeup primer! In winter I find it incredibly hard to keep my makeup looking decent because of my dry skin. Skin Food not only hydrates, keeping my makeup looking fresh- but makes my face look radiant.
- As a nail and cuticle treatment- my nails have never been my best feature, but I've been trying really hard to look after them!
- As a lip treatment....winter= chapped/dry lips. It's not nice. Skin Food makes them nice. I'm sold.
- As a balm on my elbows, feet & knees- all notoriously dry areas.
- As a soothing balm on my toddler's poor wee chapped nose- one of the only products that he actually lets me apply without having a melt down.
- As an intensely moisturising eye treatment at night time. My eyes are incredibly sensitive, which severely limits what products I can use around them. Skin Food is perfect because it's so gentle, but so effective!
Amazing, right?? There seems to be no limit to the uses that this product has! Celebrity fans of Skin Food include Adele, Rihanna, Victoria Beckham, Demi Moore...the list goes on. Hey, if it's good enough for RiRi...
You can buy Skin Food at selected pharmacies & good health food stores, as well as online at www.weleda.co.nz/. It's not heart-breakingly expensive either; $22.90 for a 75ml tube, as well as the new travel-size 30ml for $13.90- perfect for throwing in your hand bag. Give it a try- I promise you'll love it!
HOI GOIZE!!! In this post, I'm going to talk about my favourite foundations that don't cripple me financially. It's all very well to covet products from high-end ranges, but truthfully, it's not that much fun to shell out hundreds of dollars whenever I need a new base. Okay, it is a LITTLE fun, but I like still being able to eat, and pay my bills. For reference, I apply all my foundations with either a round top or angled top foundation brush (Sigma is my fave), my skin type is normal/dry, & I'm around an NC25/NC30. LET US PROCEED.