*THE PRODUCTS YOU’LL NEED*
Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Concealer
Lashem Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum
Collection Cosmetics Eyes Uncovered Palette
Collection Cosmetics Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Gunmetal Gray
Lashem Liquid Eyeliner with Lash Enhancing Serum
Lashem Mascara with Lash Enhancing Serum
- I like to prep the eye area first with the Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Concealer- all over! This concealer is super underrated, seriously- it's amazing. Don’t worry about applying concealer underneath the eye right now- this can wait until you’ve cleaned up any fall-out shadow ;)
2. Apply a thin layer of Lashem serum along your lash line, & wait for it to dry. Feel excited about the BEAUTIFUL lashes you’re going to have. Smile with happiness.
3. Using a fluffy blender brush (I like the MAC 224), apply the lightest shade in the Collection Cosmetics Eyes Uncovered Palette all over your lid & brow bone- this is simply a base, so use a light hand.
4. Take the Collection Cosmetics Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Gunmetal Gray, and apply it directly to your eye- all over the lid, without going over the crease. Apply it all the way under your lower lashes as well, keeping it as close to the lash line as possible. Don't fret about being too tidy, because this is getting blended out next! You will look like a raccoon right now, but bear with me.
5. Next I use a tapered, more dense blending brush (my fave of all time is the MAC 217), and start blending that crayon. For lack of a better description, in windshield wiper motions. You want to blend out any hard lines/edges, until it's a smokey grey. I blend it up into the crease, and outwards ever so slightly. Do the same along your lower lash line! Again, don't worry at this stage if it’s even- I'll tell you later how to easily fix any mistakes thanks to a trick I learned from the majestic Wayne Goss.
6. OKAY- guess what?! You're nearly done- you are SLAYING. Next, grab the Collection Cosmetics Eyes Uncovered Palette, and decide how dark you'd like your smokey eye to be. If you'd like it to be more subtle, use the //// shade in; if you want to go all out, use the /// shade on the end. I use a regular eyeshadow brush (like the MAC 239), and gently press the shadow all over my lid...then use my blending brush to blend it into my crease. My advice here is to start slow and build up the density, rather than going nuts straight away. Do exactly the same underneath your lower lashes.
7. Right, if you're anything like me, you may need to do some clean up as this point. Wayne Goss shared this amazing trick here for tidying up eyeshadow, and it also lifts the eyes to make them look bigger. He is THE KING.
8. Liner time! Using the Lashem liner, slowly, slowly line your upper lashes, using small strokes. Unless you're some kind of liner guru, I'd advise against trying to do it in one fell swoop. You can wing the liner out slightly (I've used tape, cards- all sorts) to get the wing right- Chloe Morello has
a fab technique for winged liner here. I’ve been loving using the Lashem Colour Strokes Eye Liner because of how easy it is to use- even for beginners! Also, it doesn’t smudge (phew), & it contains ingredients which actually nourish your skin...it gets a major high five from me!I also like to line my waterline using the Collection Cosmetics Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Black. Doing this ups the wow-factor, and will make your lashes look thicker.
9. Take the Collection Cosmetics Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Blush, and apply a little to the inner corners of your eyes, and a tiny amount to the browbone. This will add some more depth, and keep your eyes looking nice and bright- which we love.
10. Using the Lashem Fibre Lash Extensions Mascara, apply a light coat of the mascara formula to your upper and lower lashes, and follow with the fibres. Immediately apply another coat of the mascara, and flutter your eyes about just for fun. YOU DID IT, you smokey eyed GODDESS with luscious long lashes!
So...want to try them out for yourself? YOU'RE IN LUCK! I have one of each Lashem product mentioned above to give away- all you need to do to enter is tell me in the comments below which one has caught your eye- EASY!! Good luck, kittens! <3
WINNER DRAWN! MAJOR congrats to Ella White- you've WON! I'll be emailing you shortly so I can get your Lashem treats out to you! Kirsty xx
You can find out where to buy the Lashem products here, & you can find Collection Cosmetics at selected Countdown supermarkets.
Thank you so much to the amazing team from Lashem for making this post possible!